so much going on….
I arrived in Dublin almost four years ago, and we had one LYS (which sold yarn online and in weekly at the Blackrock Market), a SnB group in Santry, City Centre and Rathmines and a Yahoo group called Stitch n Bitch IE.
Today, Dublin has five LYS and nine SnB groups. We have Ravelry and Etsy. We can find yarn and fiber at The Crafty Market and Cow’s Lane Market on the weekends.
The offerings of lessons and workshops is growing exponentially and the knitters and crocheters of Dublin have a vast array of skills and techniques learn and teach. We have even have a couple of “knitting celebs” visiting Dublin in May.
We have fiber exhibits in spinning and weaving and the Irish crocheters have contributed to the Hyperbolic crocheted coral reef.
I am amazed how the knitting and crochet scene has exploded in Dublin this past year.
Here’s what’s happening and what’s to come in May & June…
- knitting lessons at Pretty Jewels in Harold’s Cross
- free knitting lessons from chicwithstix
- knitting “celebs” and designers, Carol Fuller & Annie Modesitt at This is Knit
- handspun yarn by Hazel Donnelly at Cow’s Lane Market on Saturdays
- The Constant Knitter at the Crafty Market on Sunday 2nd May
- The Irish Weavers, Spinners & Dyers Exhibitition 2010 in Dalkey Castle
- The Hyperbolic Crocheted Coral Reef at the Science Gallery until June 11th
- new yarn shop, Loza Wool in Clondalkin
- SnB group in Glasthule Tuesday mornings
- DKC SnB at The Chocolate Bar on the last Tuesday of May & June (your first hot beverage is complimentary)